This installment of 9 things to know we're going to be talking about tino rangatiratanga clothing. This is a Mori phrase, which means "the sea of life" in English. It's also the name of a modern Mori-language newspaper, and it's also the name of an independent record label and imprint out of New Zealand.
What is Tion renqatiratanqa clothing ?
Tino rangatiratanga clothing is a clothing company that was founded in 1977 by Tino Seeger. The company specializes in traditional Maori clothing, such as cloaks and ponchos.
Tino Rangatiratanga Clothing is owned and operated by the Tino Seeger Family. The company has two retail locations, one in Wellington, New Zealand and the other in Sydney, Australia.
9 Things to Know About Tino Rangatiratanga Clothing
1. Tino Rangatiratanga is a Maori word that means “supreme king and chieftain”.
2. The clothing company was founded in 1984 by Tino Rangatiratanga, the great-grandson of Te Rauparaha.
3. Tino Rangatiratanga Clothing is known for its traditional Maori dress and accessories.
4. The company produces a wide range of clothing, including dresses, skirts, shirts, jumpers, cardigans, jackets and more.
5. Tino Rangatiratanga Clothing is sold online and in select stores across New Zealand.
6. The clothes are made from sustainable materials such as organic cotton and woolen yarns.
7. Tino Rangatiratanga Clothing is cruelty-free and does not use animal testing or leather products.
8. The company takes pride in its social responsibility work, supporting initiatives such as Kaitaia Cares, which provides funding for school projects in the town of Kaitaia.
9. Tino Rangatiratanga Clothing has been awarded with numerous awards including the prestigious Good Design Award 2017